Mario Mandzukic has turned down the chance to join Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain this summer.
The French giants are going through something of a crisis in the attacking third with both Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbappe injured and Brazilian star Neymar seemingly on his way to Barcelona in the coming days.
As such, they were hoping to bring in Croatian Mandzukic, a 33-year-old who looks to be surplus to needs with Juventus.
The forward is not Juve's list for the Champions League, with Maurizio Sarri preferring to use Argentine pair Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala to lead the line alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.
PSG reached out to Juventus to gage the availability of their aging striker and, while the club were willing to listen to offers, the player is not ready to leave.
Mandzukic is ready to stick it out with Juventus until the winter transfer window before making any decisions on his future.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes he could easily still play in the Premier League and joked he would return to Manchester United if they needed him.
It is 17 months since the 37-year-old Swede left Old Trafford for Los Angeles, with his brace in Sunday's thrilling 3-3 draw with rivals LAFC taking his tally to 46 goals in 49 appearances.
"I could play easy in the Premier League, so if United need me, I'm here," he said with a grin. "But Galaxy has me, so I'm sorry.
"Nah, I did my job in Europe. I enjoyed it, I have 33 trophies that I brought with me here and hopefully I can get something here. And then we will see where that adventure finishes."
United could certainly have done with Ibrahimovic's cutting edge at the weekend as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side fell to a galling 2-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace.
"I look, I look, I look," he added. "I saw the last game and I think they were unlucky. If they score the penalty, it's a different game but a game in England is not finished until its finished.
"Anything can happen, especially in the last minutes where everything is in the heat of the moment."Read More
A sign outside Manchester United's Carrington training ground has appeared to have been spray painted with the message 'Pogba Out' amid speculation over the midfielder's future.
The Frenchman has endured a testing time at Old Trafford since returning from Juventus in 2016 and faced further criticism in August when he missed a penalty against Wolves.
Having been heavily linked with a move away from the club, with Zinedine Zidane keen to take him to Real Madrid, Pogba's long-term future at the club remains uncertain.
An image has now circulated on social media appearing to show a sign at the club's training ground daubed with 'Pogba Out' in red spray paint.
The picture comes at a time where it seems some fans are losing patience with the 26-year-old as United continue to stumble in their pursuit to return to former glories, with Pogba having previously suggested he wants a new challenge.
Gary Neville believes Manchester United will lift the Premier League title again before rivals Liverpool do.
Despite the Red Devils finishing sixth last season and the Reds only missing out on first by a single point to Manchester City, the one-time Valencia coach believes his former club are closer to winning the league than many think.
Though admitting United have struggled in recent years, Neville is adamant Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are close to turning the tide and could beat Liverpool to silverware in the process.
"I don’t sit here every day as a United fan and think my world’s ending. I just see it as a cycle," Neville said on Sky Bet's The Big Debate .
"What I’m saying is, Liverpool, City, Tottenham, all these clubs have had poor recruitment policies over the last 25 or 30 years at times. So United are going through one at the moment.
"Eventually they will stumble upon the right recruitment system, the right recruitment people, they’ll get a great manager – hopefully that’s Ole – and they’ll start to win again. That’s going to happen.
"I can guarantee you as clear as day, Manchester United will win again. They’ll probably win the league before Liverpool, in my opinion. And that’s not being disrespectful, they’ll probably win the league before Liverpool."Read More
Manchester United are reportedly preparing to offer Victor Lindelof a new contract which would double the Sweden international's £75,000 a week wages at Old Trafford.
Lindelof joined United from Benfica in 2017 and initially found it difficult to settle in the English game.
The 25-year-old impressed in the second half of the 2018-19 campaign, though, and has started the new season as Harry Maguire's preferred partner in central defence.
According to The Mirror, the Red Devils want to hand Lindelof a new deal worth in the region of £150,000 a week to reflect his importance to the team.
The report adds that the new contract could run until the summer of 2025 with United seemingly prepared to put their faith in a partnership of Lindelof and Maguire moving forward.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side will attempt to make it back-to-back Premier League wins at the start of the new campaign when they travel to Leicester City on Monday night.Read More
Paulo Dybala is no closer to leaving Juventus, according to the club's chief football officer, Fabio Paratici.
Dybala was linked with Manchester United and Tottenham before the Premier League's transfer window closed last week.
A move did not materialise, and Dybala instead reported for pre-season training in Turin, with the forward scoring twice in Wednesday's traditional warm-up friendly with the Juve Primavera side.
A switch to Inter has also been mooted, with that deal potentially seeing Mauro Icardi, who is out of favour at San Siro, joining the Serie A champions in return.
However, Paratici told Sky Sport Italia there has not been much progress on Dybala's future, or that of any other Juve players.
"The market is open and there is interest, but there are no names closer to a sale," he said.
"[Dybala] is a Juve player – indeed, he is a great Juve player. As I said, during the transfer market, there are discussions and negotiations."
He added on Icardi: "Right now he's an Inter player and we don't talk about him. We have [Gonzalo] Higuain and [Mario] Mandzukic who are great attackers: I wouldn't talk about others, but about ours. We are happy with those we have."Read More
Inter Milan have made a fresh bid for Romelu Lukaku and are confident Manchester United will accept the offer, Sky Sports News understands.
Lukaku's agent, Federico Pastorello, is in the UK for crucial talks with United, while his client remains in Belgium where he has been training with former club Anderlecht.
United had expected the 26-year-old to report back to their Carrington training ground on Tuesday.
The Belgium international angered the club last week for leaking private training data via Twitter and was told, via Pastorello, to delete the post.
The 26-year-old is keen to leave Old Trafford in this window having not played a minute of pre-season for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side and feels he has been treated unfairly since losing his place when Solskjaer took charge in December.
Lukaku had looked set to join Juventus after a swap deal was agreed involving Paulo Dybala.
However, United ended their pursuit in the Argentine forward due to his hesitation over a move to Old Trafford and his wage demands.Read More
Nwankwo Kanu, OON (born 1 August 1976), is a Nigerian retired footballer who played as a forward mildfielder. He was a member of the Nigerian national team and a native of Abia State, southeast Nigeria.
Kanu won a UEFA Champions League medal, a UEFA Cup medal, three FA Cup Winners Medals and two African Player of the Year awards amongst others. He is one of few players to have won the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League, UEFA Cup and an Olympic Gold Medal, and is regarded as one of the best players in African football history.
He won many trophies with the Nigerian National team and Clubs:
· Nigerian Premier League: 1992–93
· FA Cup: 2007–08
· African Footballer of the Year: 1996, 1999
· BBC African Footballer of the Year: 1997, 1999
· IFFHS Legends
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANU !
Gareth Bale did not travel for Real Madrid's participation in the Audi Cup on doctor's advice, according to head coach Zinedine Zidane.
Madrid suffered their third defeat in four winless pre-season outings at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday, with Harry Kane giving Tottenham a 1-0 triumph that would have been far more comfortable but for the heroics of goalkeeper Keylor Navas.
Bale is not part of the squad taking part in the exhibition tournament but looks increasingly likely to remain under Zidane's charge after a prospective move to Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning collapsed over the weekend.
"Bale did not travel as he was not feeling good," the Madrid head coach told reporters afterwards.
"Speaking with the doctors it was better to stay in Madrid and train there. That's it. It's a decision taken together, speaking with him. That's it."
Nicolas Pepe is expected to have a medical at Arsenal in the next few days after a deal was agreed with Lille, according to reports.
The 24-year-old is set to become an Arsenal player this week and would be the Gunners' fourth signing of the summer, following forward Gabriel Martinelli, midfielder Dani Ceballos, who joined on a season-long loan from Real Madrid, and defender William Saliba, who was signed from St Etienne for £27m and immediately loaned back to the Ligue 1 side.
Pepe scored 22 goals in Ligue 1 last season, second only to Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe, while also providing 11 assists, also the second most in the division, as Lille finished runners-up to PSG.
He was the first Lille player to score 20 league goals since Eden Hazard in the 2011-12 season.Read More